Tuesday 24 November 2015

The business idea

The simplicity and beauty of my E made me think this is something other people may want for their children.

I have set up an Etsy shop: Deco Bowes and a Facebook page: Deco Bowes

I next had to find somewhere I could get my supplies from and I found two great places online: Country Love Craft and The Arty Crafty Place.

Country Love Craft is a wholesale suppliers so only sell to businesses and you have to spend £50 each time. The Arty Crafty Place is for anyone and their prices seem very good compared to places like Hobbycraft. For example decopatch paper at Hobbycraft was £3.79 for 3 sheets. Well over the £1 a sheet I could buy it for at Creation the pottery place in Loughborough. The Arty Crafty Place sells decopatch paper at £17.40 for 20 sheets and does a selection of different sheet designs around a theme like colour or Christmas. Country Love Crafts does a mix of 20 sheets for £13.75 +VAT, so £16.50.

Eager to get the business going I ordered lots of bits from Country Love Craft.

My first business purchase
As soon as this came I was eager to have another go at decopatch and then was filled with worry that this might have been a really silly idea. I decopatched one thing and now I think I can sell it! The jury is still out on that one but here's a pic of my second letter I've decopatched. 




No comments:

Post a Comment